View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Jennelle,

I'm in a similar situation to you right now. I have a very high tolerence to medications and my doctor is always having to increase them to try and make them work but by that time, I am either way too drowsey to do anything or get horrible side effects from them.

I'm not on any medications at the moment as I haven't found anything that has worked for me really. I take Ketamine when I am in a really bad pain flare (i'm only allowed to take it then as my doctor fears that it could affect my hormones because of my age) but that doesn't work as much as it used to. It still lowers my pain a little but no where near as much as it used to so I have a feeling we will have to speak to my doctor about possibly increasing it again.

It was my decision to come of the meds. My Doctor said that I could stay on them but I decided to come off them to see if they were actually helping. It took a while to come off the meds but I didn't notice any changes in my pain what so ever and didn't have to deal with some of the additional side effects. I still have LOTS of pain on a daily basis (it is usually an 8 out of 10) and it's hard not having meds but they didn't work so I didn't see the point in being on them personally!

I agree with what Pete said, I would call your doctors office and ask to speak to your doctor and tell him about how much pain you are in and that you don't have anything to help really.

If you aren't happy with your doctor, then I would try and find another. I know it is really hard and stressful (been there, got the tshirt!!!) but it will probably help you!!

Have you looked into any other treatment options that don't involve taking medications such as HBO etc?? That might be something to look into if you can seeing as the meds dont seem to help you.

I'm sorry that you are going through all of this right now and hope things start getting better for you real soon!! If you ever need/want someone to talk to, please know that I am here for you because I DO understand what you are going through!!

Please keep us updated when you can.
Dew58 (05-17-2009)