View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 04:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes it is illegal to drive on the meds that half of us are on. I try to explain that to my H time after time. My primarey covers his ears when I mention it, my pharmasist warned me not to carry any meds with me while I am driving and that yes I could be arrested for DUI. During my last physical I asked my primary how bad was the eye dilating, he told me that there was not much difference, busted. I have to wear sunglasses on even cloudy days because of the dilation problems. The last long term meds really effected my driving to the point I did not feel safe so I had a driver until they changed my meds. I don't fall asleep on this med, but still the eyes give it away. My husband lost his license for a year so I have to drive until he gets them back in DEC 2009, then he is going to be doing the driving. I pray nothing happens. I live in the country and I go to get groceries on the least traved day of the week and I do it after 9am and before noon. I have to do the pain center once a month and I do those appointments at 10:00am. I realize that will not protect me but I do the best I can. I will even go and get a girlfriend to drive me to the pain center a LOT of the time. Be careful all I realize that a lot of us have H that don't understand or help, I thank goodness for my one and only friend.
Take Care and wear your seatbelts!
tjbird
tjbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote