View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
...The Roman Catholic Church, which wields significant moral and political influence in Italy, teaches that life should reach its "natural end."

Gradually paralyzed by the condition diagnosed when he was a teenager, Welby has been confined to bed for years and now can barely move his lips and eyebrows. He receives nourishment through a tube, breathes with a respirator and communicates through a voice synthesizer.
What's natural about receiving nourishment through a tube, breathing with a repirator and using a voice synthesizer?

No, I'm not against heroic life-saving measures. I had to once make a snap decision to resuscitate my sister...it wasn't easy, and I was not expecting it because they hadn't told us yet at that point that she would be dead before Christmas (this was the day before Thanksgiving). But if a person really wants to end the suffering they are going through, I say that's their choice, not mine.

Obviously we all have our own opinions on the subject.

I think it makes a living will something we should all think about for the sake of loved ones and not so loved ones.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (03-04-2009), Nik-key (03-03-2009), pono (03-05-2009)