View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I'm the same way. I have a friend who drives me, not because I can't, it's really because I'm paying wifey (who gets spousal support when they're 54+y.o?) out of my disability. So, I can't afford insurance!
(She's got a brand new Car, and drives all around seeing her boyfriend(s), and going to work). Cool, huh?
Think WC is tuff?
Try WC! (Women's Club). Sorry...

I'm NOT trying to pick anyone out of the crowd here.
You Must ask your Doctor, or, just stay quiet really, unless and until, your Doctor (who's writing the 'scripts), says: "You should not be Driving", then, that's in his/her notes.
Something happens, (Not a fender bender, something where You Hurt Someone innocent), they're lawyer will dig into your docs notes. This is Called "Discoverable". Anything you write down, is "Discoverable". Maybe, for those who aren't too legally minded should google "discoverable".

If your Doc "tells you that", S/he's helping you with pain, but, putting the Liability of Driving, ON YOU!
It's a fine line.
"maybe you didn't hear him/her say that?"
If S/he gives it to you in writting, DON'T DRIVE!
EVER!

If, perchance, a pedestrian walks out in front of you, (Say, someone who is suicidal "see the other forum") but, even if they are suicidal, and their family doesn't know that, and that person steps in front of your car, (think you luck is bad so far?) The families attorney, will dig into YOUR well.
You have a lawsuit? Guess what? That's gonna get "attached". You won't be able to touch it, until they get their paws on it! And, just maybe, they'll get MORE than you!
If your doc said "no driving", even just to cover his/her own tail, YOUR tail is now cooked, and On the Line!

Remember, Insurance is like anything else. You get what you pay for, Never More, sometimes less.

Any Questions?

Pete
asb

(If you have a question, DON'T Turn the key!).
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote