View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Jenelle,

I don't really understand why your doctor is saying that you shouldn't be taking the meds even though they are helping you?!?!

Surely if the meds were working, he would be happy for you and want you to stay on them???

I know that not everyone has good results from pain meds (me included) and don't understand why some people take them when they don't do anything and cause horrible side effects but if they were working, then surely your doctor would be telling you to continue taking them as they are improving the quality of your life somewhat??

I'd definitiely ask your doctor why he is saying that you should come off the meds if they are helping you - it seems a bit strange that he would suggest that to me! I could understand if he told you to come off them if they weren't helping but if they are, surely he'd understand you wanting to stay on them!!

Everyones different with RSD. Meds work for some whilst they don't work for others. Surely your doctor should know that if he is an 'expert' in RSD!! Most people are taking medications to try and 'control' their RSD!!

I'd definitiely speak to him about his reasonings and if you aren't happy with the help and treatment you are getting, try and get another!! You shouldn't have to deal with this stress on top of everything else!!

Take care and you are in my thoughts!
Dew58 (05-17-2009), Jennelle (05-17-2009)