Thread: Memory Loss?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 04:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Memory Loss?

Does anyone find they are beginning to experience some memory loss? Or maybe I should just call it some memory "issues". I have been DX'ed with nocturnal seizures for 5 years, and take Lamical, 400mg day, Topamax 100mg day. I'm 56. Not elderly yet. lately I find I find myself forgetting things I normally wouldn't, simple things. A few times, I have forgotten whether I have taken my meds or not, and once woke up an hour after I went to bed, got up out of bed and took them again. VERY unlike me. I can't think of words I want to say many times. I forget to do things. When cooking I forget to add some ingredients I'm supposed to.

Seizures under control pretty good, maybe one or 2 every couple of months, but according to my Neuro, that's too many.

Is it possible that taking meds over a period of time can do something like this? Anyone heard of that? Last time I saw my Neuro, she said she wanted my seizures nil, or it would cause memory problems. I jokingly told her I already was senile. I've NEVER heard of that, has anyone here heard that?

I've never had severe seizures or daytime ones.
Pink Lotus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote