View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
I'm sorry, I wish I recalled exactly where I read this. Maybe from rsdsa.org emails, or ChronicPainConnection.xxx? emails.

But, the rule is this;
If you doctor "Tells you not to drive" that will appear in his notes.
If you mess up, (hurt someone) and lawyers get involved, this becomes "discoverable".
YOU will be liable.
And, best read your insurance policy, they may not cover you!

This, is for the good of all of us, and our children's children!
It's NOT to take our rights away!

Driving a vehicle, is a "Privilege", NOT a right!

Use it wisely.

Pete
ASB
Yes I agree with you Pete that we all have responsibilities to ourselves and others when we use our licenses and drive. It must be used wisely!

I think ones driving abilities with RSD is a very individual thing...dependent on what medications you are on or not on.

The only time I have been told by my doctor that I can't drive is on the day of my my lidocaine infusions. Since I only take oxycontin on an as needed basis, basically for high pain level days I adjust accordingly, just 5 mg of the stuff knocks me out so I'm not going anywhere but to bed when I am on that. There is a warning on the information that comes with my Tylenol 3 not to operate heavy machinery and I won't take that either if I need to drive anywhere. There are times when I simply have to reschedule things or get my husband to drive if I can't bear the pain and need extra help.

I have friends here who take many meds daily for their RSD and do not drive at all for that reason. Mostly they are dependent on our door to door bus service for people with disabilities, but they can only use that for appointments, not for grocery shopping or personal stuff. I try to help them out when I can.

I guess there is one good side to being allergic to most of the RSD meds, at least I can drive without a worry of being under the influence and getting sued for that.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote