View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Once you have rsd you do have it for life. I have heard of a few people whose symptoms almost all went away and then came back. This is the thing with rsd.....it can and usually does come back with no warning, for no reason. The very few who gain remission, no symptoms at all, can get a slight injury and have it come back, or again, it will just come back one day with no injury or anything.

I'm sorry it's reared it's ugly head again for you. The quicker you get blocks and such the better. Glad you're doc appointment is Wed. Often when it comes back the pain and burning are worse and it's not uncommon for it to affect a slightly bigger area than before. Seeing as you didn't have to deal with any pain, your body has to "get used to" the pain again. Hopefully meds will help tone it down though so you don't have to "deal" with it. Blocks could help if you pain is still sympathetically maintained. Blocks are usually the first thing done to try and shove it into remission. Not getting any relief from a block means the pain is now independent.

I'm not sure I have many words of wisdom exactly. :-) The most important thing is to tackle it head on, get the treatment you need asap and don't lose hope. Remember don't use ice on your arm!! PT must NOT be aggressive but gentle and slow. It won't help the rsd to go to pt 2 and 3 hours a day nor do pt until your pain is through the roof.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-17-2009)