View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue Questions, I have questions...

Hello all, I found this site while trying to find something to help my sister.

About 2-3 years ago she had partials put in (only her upper and lower front teeth are her own). My sister is a long-time smoker and of course it impacted the color of her teeth. But instead of suggesting to her that they whiten her teeth first and then match the color to the whitened teeth, he matched her partials to the stained teeth. Now when she smiles, it's not very pretty and in photos it looks like her teeth are brown.

I think she allowed that to happen because she was very overweight at the time and didn't think she deserved better than that. Now, one-year after weight loss surgery and 115lbs lighter...she wants that beautiful smile. The color of her teeth is a very sensitive subject for her (which I accidentally pricked today) and I want to help her out in any way I can.

Can losing weight cause partials to not fit well anymore? (I'm hoping) Maybe I could suggest she go back and have new partials put in due to the weight loss...or would he just make adjustments to the old one?

If he only makes adjustments...can he replace one or two teeth on each side so they match her new, whitened smile? Would it be worth it, cost wise?

Can he put veneers on the partials? Was it stupid to even ask?

Even as I type this, I have the feeling her only way out of this is a whole new set of partials...and that can be very expensive if her insurance won't pick up the cost again so soon after her first set.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
springcomes2tx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote