View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 10:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone for your replies, I have been sooo out of it. I was excited that things were going better and then I had a bad relapse. I have two kids under 3 and work and study part time so I am extremely busy.

With this relapse the numbness went up through the leg, into the pelvis, both front and back. I could feel the numbness into my rectum and in the front as well. It practically appeared overnight and worsened over a few days. My month of physical therapy,down the drain: I could barely balance myself and my left leg strength was shot.

I had a delay in doing any more tests since I was out of town as this all happened. Saw a neuro out of town who said he suspects spinal cord involvement as the numbness was up until the waist. I have also now lost all reflexes in both legs, knees down. Said it was unlikely to be CMT as the progression was too fast. His thoughts are either CIDP or MS, although I don't have the "classic" MS symptoms. However since I have relapsing and remitting symptoms and am a young (25 y.o.) female, MS is definitely a possibility. Now that I'm back in town my neuro agrees and we're doing brain & cervical spine MRIs, evoked potentials, and an LP.

I'm also going to have my thyroid rechecked and do some gluten intolerance blood tests.

Haven't recently done any sports, no rigorous exercise, but a recent pregnancy, which, according to one neuro who looked at my file, can cause PN...still unclear on this, and I haven't found much info on it.

Thanks to anyone who's made it this far... I'll be on pins and needles (ok no PN related pun intended) till I get these tests done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Did you have thyroid testing?

Were you tested for Celiac/gluten intolerance?
Did you have antibiotics prior to this developing?
How long have you had this? Did it happen suddenly or slowly?

Were you tested for Charot Marie Tooth (hereditary nerve disorder)?

Do you have any symptoms in your hands? (hypothyroidism will affect the hands as well as the feet.)

The MRI may show something.

Do your feet get more numb with shoes on? Or do they bother you at night? Are they both affected about equally?

Have you had Xrays of the feet showing the sesamoid bones?

Do you participate in sports that could have damaged your feet? Track, running, Jumping, or ballet?

Sometimes you have to look a the little details to find an
answer that is elusive.
poetic license is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (05-16-2009)