View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 05:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone, I have been doing good in some respects, but not so good in others..I have a new girlfriend that Ive been seeing for a little over a month, and that is going great!..Her name is Judy, and she is a real sweetheart!..I had it in my mind that most people wouldnt be interested in someone who had pd..I found out that I was wrong about that..She is supportive, understanding and compassionate..its just basically who she is, and its not like its something that she has to work at, or tolerate..It doesnt matter to her that there are times when pd says I cant do this or I cant that, because I dont feel good, or my legs arent working very well, she is just happy to be with me, no matter what we are doing..She is a real blessing, and the perspective Ive had on my life went from me being alone with pd, and my SSDI check, to having renewed hope of a whole, fulfilling life with a partner..We went to the Unity Walk in Central Park a couple of weeks ago, on a bus that our local APDA Chapter chartered, and she got to experience a bit of my world..It was an experience for me as well, to see so many thousands of people there who dont have pd, out there supporting our cause..It was very moving, and quite the spiritual experience..Then there were some PWP there who were alone, and could hardly walk, but they were there anyway..Let it be said that PWP are not wimps

I havent done much shellfishing lately..Either the weather hasnt been right, or Ive had other things that had to be done..Two of my cats have been sick, one with asthma, and the other with an upper respatory infection, but they are doing better

Ive had a week of nothing going right..It started one morning in the beginning of the week with a lightbulb popping out of the kitchen light fixture/ceiling fan, but the aluminum screw part was still in the light fixture, so I got a pair of needle nose plyers, and tried to unscrew it, and the whole thing, the base was turning with it..Anyway, I didnt get the damn thing out, and instead I succeeded in twisting the base out of the fixture and shorting that damn thing out..So today we are going shopping for a new light fixture Oh well!

Then on Thursday the power went out, so I went down the cellar to check the breaker box, and discovered that the expansion tank on the boiler was leaking at a pretty good clip, so I had to call the boiler guy up, and he came right down and straightened that out

And if that wasnt enough I spent the whole week trying to get my truck inspected..It needed a windshield, and the check engine light wouldnt go out, because of the EGR valve, which is an anti pollution device..So they put in a new sensor and an EGR solenoid, popped the little code computer in the plug, and tryed to program the thing..The check engine light went back on before I was out of the parking lot, and they plugged the thingy in again, and it went back on as soon as I went out that night..Finally yesterday they hooked it up to the big computer and re-programed it, and I got my sticker..Good thing I stayed out of my boat last week

On the pd front, my pd has become very unpredictable, and Ive developed a nagging tremor in my right leg..I started Amantadine 100 mg once daily a month ago, and twice daily a few days ago..It had been working ok the first couple of days, but last night it drive me crazy..My girlfriend massaged my leg, and when she put her fingers around my leg just above the ankle, and squeezed, and the tremor stopped!..I thought that was kinda strange, but it ceased and didnt come back much to my surprise..pd sure is strange!..I have intervals during the day when I have no trouble walking, and others when my legs are very weak, and medication doesnt seem to have anything to do with it..Sometimes my body releases from the rigidity 3 hours after meds..Strange stuff