View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 09:33 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Autonomic PN - How Has it Affected You?

I've got large/small fiber PN with demylination and great deal of fiber loss and axon degeneration - genetic - full body... that pretty much sums it up... the autonomic portion includes gastroparesis - I am able to survive on liquids at least, a good thing - but wonder if any of you who have heart complications have cardiomyopathy?

I've had heart rythm problems for years that require constant meds and monitoring but thats ok - the meds keep things working ok for the most part and have stopped some serious tachy runs in the past. But I'm developing over the last few years progressive cardiomyopathy and recent tests show kinda a big progression (shows on enchos and BNP bloodwork) - does anyone know if this is a typical manisfestation also of the autonomic symtoms? (its typical for amyloid and I've had positive and negative biopsies over the years for this - but they havent been able to pin it down so havent worried about it - my cardio is leaivng it up to me if I want the testing cause theres nothing really more to do then control the heart symtoms because of the severity of the PN cant have any traditional amyloid treatments anyway)..

Again, anyone find this typical for your auotnomic complications?????

Appreciate any feedback

Last edited by BEGLET; 05-16-2009 at 01:20 PM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote