View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 10:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy 4 down 2 to go

So now I have been through 4 stellate ganglion blocks with 2 more this wk. The first two I didn't get any of the side effects just less pain. The third I could not hear right, fuzzy. Really felt out of it and don't even remember therapy after. They made the pain less (from a 6 or 7 to a 3/4)and the constant burning was gone after the 2nd. After the 3rd, although the constant pain was much much less I was getting a stabbing pain. After the 4th I got the whole droopy face thing but the pain is now gone except for what I think are muscle spasms or cramps. They can be bad but are not constant. They range from small cramp like pains to my whole hand cramping up in a painful fist. My hand still has alot of swelling in my palm and got really big w/that mottling last night but not now. Just feels very weak and uncoordinated. I am still getting the tremors though. It seems that I start out pain free in the morning but by night time it goes up...not to what it was though. The dr talks that this is so mild (I'm sure it is when I hear how much pain some of you are in) but I get so frustrated because I thought I should be better by now.
My question though is shouldn't the swelling and tremors be going away too?? I thought the pain would stay away? The pain is down alot and the burning gone but I was really hoping this would put me in remission. BTW-I am on no meds, they wanted to see how the blocks worked out first.
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-22-2009)