Thread: Memory Loss?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I've had both absence and complex partial sz. for 34 yrs. and I've had a lot of memory loss especially when it comes to names. I will recognize the person but I don't remember their name. Often I will ask my husband what he will want for dinner 2-3 times a day, and if I've been baking during the day I always check the stove before I go to bed but then about 1 hr. later I get up to be sure that I checked the stove once again.
I had brain surgery done twice to help reduce my sz. and my epi and neurosurgeon removed the right hippocampus of my brain because it had shrunk and become hard from yrs. of sz. This is the main thing that has caused memory loss for me. The hippocampus is where short term memory and learning is. Also I've been on 13 different AED's but not a single one stopped my sz. and neurontin really messed me up causing me to have absence status sz. which left more brain damage.
Try doing crossword puzzles, word search puzzles, and a lot of math those are the 3 things my epi told me to do to better my memory.
Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote