View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Follow-up

First of all - Hi JoJo, hope you are doing well. Good to see you on here. Jane - sorry all of this has happened to you. All I can say today is,

What are people thinking!!

Today I had a horrible thing happen to mel I went in to have a Colonoscopy, not the most pleasant thing in the world to have in the first place and I was quite nervous. I was worried that they normally used "lite" or sometimes called "Midnight" anasthesia would not work because of the amount of pain meds I take. I asked 3 different nurses if there would be a problem and they all said they would make note on the chart. Well, one of those nurses was the one who ended up doing the nite-nite drugs and, as much as she tried, I would not fall asleep and FELT EVERY BIT OF THE COLONOSCOPY!!!! It was awful and so very painful. I dislike this particular doctor anyway who kept right on going even though I was saying, "Oh my, it hurts so bad, please stop." Only once did he say, "Almost done". JERK.
I would have liked to done something with that equipment on him. Afterward, a couple of the other attending nurses stopped by and apologized. Both said I needed general anasthesia in the future as long as I am taking my pain meds. Too little, too late.

Well, sorry for the book but thought I should give everyone a heads-up. Have a good night's sleep all!

Love,
nancy-h
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote