Old 05-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
my son has found that anything with immune boosting properties seems to trigger a relapse of his Crohn's Disease

surely a formula like this, although made from excellent ingredients, would stimulate an already overactive immune system as in autoimmunity

or does it have more of an immuno-modulating effect?
I agree... Astrogalus is not recommended for patients with active autoimmune disease:
http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/altme...&contentId=174

The term autoimmune means that the body is making too many antibodies and attacking itself. There are many autoimmune diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, MS, some PNs etc.
Using herbs to stimulate the immune system is not a good idea.

People with low immune status, are typically called immune deficiency, and that is another thing entirely.

Astra 8 also contains Licorice root, which may create problems for people with hypertension.

In general I'd suggest consulting a doctor before using this powerful herbal product. It may interfere with some of the drug treatments being used. It also has a bleeding warning for those using blood thinning drugs or aspirin.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (05-16-2009)