View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Grace,

Your story is very inspirational. I tried the Specific Carbohydrate Diet for about 6 weeks this summer, but I later found out I was reacting to nuts, which are allowed on SCD. Without the the dairy and nuts, SCD was way too restrictive for me. My point is that it was very hard for me to be on such a restrictive diet, and I can't imagine how you did it for 4 years! I lost 5 pounds over that 6 weeks, and I'm not someone who needs to lose weight. I was hungry all the time. I thought I remembered that you did SCD, but not sure. Processed foods seem to be my enemy right now, but they are so hard to resist. Cooking all my food from scratch is challenging with a full time job, but much healthier for me.

I'm glad you are healing. I'm hoping I can avoid serious damage to my gut, but I'm not quite sure how damaged it is right now. When I did the Enterolab testing in April, I was normal for everything (gluten IgA, casein IgA, & malabsorption, but bad news on the genes) even though I know I'm not normal! Next will be a intestinal permeability test.

Claire