View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey,

Glad to see you post. I was worried about ya.

I had Botox in my scalenes, bilaterally. It helped me. I did get a discounted rate of 400 - 600 a session. I had three. I got relief. I did not have any jaw popping for about two or three weeks. My therapist knows that too. I did experience eyelid twitching. A few years later I Googled Botox +scalenes and found a side effect was droopy eyelids. My doctor just poked around at my scalenes till I flinched and stuck it there.

I also have cervical disc issues. I had epidurals X3 that helped me a lot. Early on I was afraid of NEEDLES. Not anymore. They have helped me too.

My arms killed me, weak and exhausted by activity, I have gotten a lot of my strength back. I rebound so much better now. Big difference. I believe you can get help too.

The fees do seem rather high. That don't include the doctor's visit for the order, travel expenses, although you may want to check out a Ronald McDonald House. Seems like they make money off our misery. Registration, co-pay, no pay and not enough pay. I've paid a loooooottttt. Making that money to pay for those things caused me significant pain too. double-edged sword. I would do it again, though. p

I would check out Cleveland Clinic. Maybe it's close enough to venture over to America. I've traveled 3 hours to get good help, even though it caused me pain. Dr. Atasoy was worth the trip. He helped me in so many ways. Thumb, shoulder (injections didn't help but he tried), neck (referred me to ortho and ortho done current MRIs and gave a referral for the epidurals. Not to say if I were willing I could have gotten the same result earlier in my voyage. I have inquired about brachial plexus injections, as they were recommended by several doctors. Those seems to be a higher risk and not many do them.

I do think you have to try something else, something more, something different. Keep trying, yes. I'm doing so much better lately. I hold my breath too, but I'm doing much better.

LED and infrared lights gave me a lot of help lately.

Not necessarily all the money you have should be spent on diagnostic testing. It's still not a fix. Sounds like you may have a ways to go, though.

I do recall those days, but I don't want to. they were really bad. and no, life don't seem like living in a 24/7 intolerable and irretractable pain scenario. It is bad. I am sorry you have to deal with so much pain.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote