View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I will keep my fingers crossed that it will go well.....I will ask my hubby to pick me up and I will plan on taking a nap after. I never thought about it "working out" my muscles as if I had worked out.....

This MG really sucks! (Excuse my language...but I needed to vent!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieS View Post
Thanks for contributing everyone!

When I first tried massage recommended by my boss, like Annie mentioned, my whole body was so tensed/tight (as the therapist puts it) that my therapist had to spend a while relaxing them. After the massage, I felt soo tired that I had to rest for 4 days after that. Was a bit scared of massages after that. However, when i went back the 2nd time, told the therapist about it, and he sort of "reduced the dosage" and this time round, I only had to rest for 1-2 days. Needless to say, the third time round, he was able to balance it appropriately and this time round I only had to take a nap after massage. Have been going for it weekly for approx 2 mths and I now feel great after massages. I still need to take naps, but amazingly, it relieves me of some of my symptoms now. I feel great after the naps!

So I do think that finding a great massage therapist who knows exactly what to do or a chiropractor who is able to massage to relax the tight muscles may help. However, do take care to let them know of your condition as well so that they can give the appropriate stimulation and not overdo it.

All the best Stephanie! Your hubby's so sweet! Keep us updated on how the massage went!

cricket001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote