View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 10:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Pat.
Feel free to ramble on....I ramble too.....

I am still trying to figure out this disease...It is so hard to explain because of all the symptoms....I never can explain everything to the doc...because I feel like I will overwhelm him...I try to write everything down....he knows that I am a list maker...so he asks to see my list before I start...then we discuss them...

I have been researching the surgery...Why does it take so long for the surgery to take effect. I guess...I was hoping that I might make a remarkable recovery if I considered the surgery? Do you all think it is worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat 110 View Post
I was diagnosed with MG in 01 at the age of 49 after having two years of symptoms and no answers. I was prescribed mestinon for both ocular and general MG after my blood work came back positive. I had three plasma pheresis treatments during the week before my thymectomy in Nov. 02. It took a good three years for me to see the full benifits of the surgery. I am happy to say, I have improved greatly from those earlier days where having a good day was few and far between. I continue to take Mestinon as needed. I don't take it as often as I should because of the side effects, but I manage pretty well. Some symptoms you just learn to live with. I am just so grateful for how far I've come over the past 10 years. I didn't have a place like this to go to when I was first diagnosed, but I'm sure glad to be here today!

cricket001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote