View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 11:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Medication question...Help!

Okay....I need to ramble now.....

My neuro has told me that I have to try to reduce the stress in my life...if I am going to get better....stress....reduce it??? I have 4 kids, and work full-time...I have 4 kids...(the oldest is 14y and the youngest is 2Y)...and even though.... I do have an absolutely wonderful husband....but he also works full time and owns his own business...so there are times that he is not available.

I do fine at work because it is earlier in the day...by the time I get home....mainly when I get in my car after work...I start to get really cranky....then, by the time I get home... and I start to hear the yelling, getting ready for supper, baths, homework, signing slips and giving snack money/lunch money/etc....and then getting everyone ready for bed...whew!! Even when my hubby and I tag team the kids...it still really wears me out sometimes....the doc had orginally put me on 60mg cymbalta for the neuropathy pain in legs and anxiety..this has really helped because I was started to get anxious about talking..fearing my speech would be slurred...

..so, after realizing that I am never giving me a decent break between work...and work at home.....So......I called him on Tuesday of this week and explained some of my stress and how I am having a hard time relaxing...so he adds Xanax (spelling?) .5mg every 8 hours prn anxiety...this has been a god send...I can be in such a bad mood...and stressed to the max...and this small pills just instantly chills me....and I can be a better mom...(not yelling or feeling stressed)...I feel like reading them books and playing barbies...and I even feel like smiling more at my husband.....

He has also given me lortab 7 with high dose of ibroprofen... for my headaches. This is a wonder drug for my headaches. I didn't ask for this strong medication..I was a very leary about taking it...until I had to!

My fear is that is all of this okay? I do not want to get addicted to anything...but I really did need a "chill" pill to help me relax....The neuro said that stress just causes MG to flair....

Are these normal meds for people like us with MG? I guess I am just really getting paranoid!

cricket001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote