Thread: Namenda for RSD
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 03:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Wow!Is this drug in the family of other drugs I have tried like lyrica, elevil ans such? What doe it really do? I have not yet found a drug yet that could help me but.... who know maybe this will be it. Thank you for sharing and I hope all continues to go well. Hold on to that doc. I he knows any doc around Tacoma, wa that is good pleasse let me know!
positive thoughts your way,
Jennele

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERRI4065 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I couldn't wait to post this. I hope everyone with RSD can be helped. I have started taking a drug call Namenda. It is currently FDA approved for the treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's. I am taking it for RSD. IT IS WORKING!!! I have horrible RSD, full body for years! This is the first medication (and there's been many) to make a difference, (other than just numbing the pain somewhat). I am still in the process of going up in dosage and am NOT 100%, but I am so much better. My understanding is this, the medication is approved for Alzheimer's up to 30 mg. per day We (RSDer's) need a higher dose. I guess I need to be careful here. Please talk to your doctors. I can't say enough about how much this medication has helped me. I can walk, where I could not before. I can sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time, where I could not before, I CAN THINK; my mind is so much clearer. The RSD in my head area is almost completely gone. Oh! there is another benefit to this drug, as a side effect, this drug helps break the body's addiction to opiates. I was using 125 mcg Fentanyl patches every 48 hrs just to get by. I am down to 75 mcg!! no withdrawal. Please be careful, talk to your doctors.

Best of Luck to All
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LinJane (05-24-2009)