View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 04:11 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Jennelle,
It seems we're both awake tonite!
While I can't help too much on the pregnancy and delivery, I can tell you this.
I had two children who grew to call me Mr Mom, my first wife left, when my doctors decided I needed to go on Methadone. (She wouldn't be married to no drug addict). So, I wouldn't give up my kids! Son, 5yrs older than my daughter. I took them to school, and drove them home. It was a small private school, and a parent was expected to be involved. (Mom's), this is back during the entire 90's. I was a school parent, and went out outtings, even cooked the school lunches. (a really funny story there)...
I suppose what I'm trying to say, is that it's amazing what you'll overcome for your child(ren). What "fire" you'll walk through.
And, I did.
Mornings were toughest for me, and I was running a business. My little daughter got adept at bringing me a cup of tea, so I could get moving, take my meds etc.
( a Psychiatrist was a great help during this time). Because, it DOES get tough!
But, it's truly a labor of love!

With my tbi, their mother's hatred, and other circumstances simply beyond their and my control, my children no longer speak to me, I'm absolutely heartbroken to say...
Never, would I have guessed this could have happened between they, and me. Never!
But, Satan keeps throwing rocks of fire, and we fight with love, and faith, and, while we don't speak, I love them, they love me very much. I understand I'm even a grandfather now too.

Jennelle,
You just have that baby and love that baby!
You'll do fine! Make a real "Loving Family"!
Oh, as I said, someone else is going to have to help you with the pregnancy/delivery.

Pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-17-2009), Jennelle (05-19-2009), loretta (05-18-2009)