View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ischemia

Hi Vic!

Good to see you taking up this cause again, even though it must seem like a huge undertaking after all you have been through. I am starting to stabilize a bit, or am getting used to all the new pains and discomfort from the spread.

Thought I would jump in here with my support as all of my converstions with my vascular doctor seem to agree with what you are saying. I for one did get RSD from ischemia as you well know, and my doctor concurs with you that it is what caused the nerve damage I am suffering with. According to him, when you go back and study the disease's history, you will find that would be true of a lot of the way people have aquired RSD all the way back to the Civil war.

I guess once the damage is done it would look exactly like nerve and muscle damage, but that would be the after what ever it was ravaged the area to cause all that damage. Reperfusion injury actually never came up in my conversations about the cause of all my problems, but it is something I intend to bring up the next time I get to visit with the vascular doc since they did have to put back the blood in my leg after having it blocked for a solid week. It makes sense that all those nasty little things from tissue death would cause great problems through out my body since they were flushed from my leg into my body. Would even explain all the troubles with my heart, and the spread.

Keep up the good work my brother, there is always room for more than one opinion, and I believe it is healthy for the research to keep an open mind on all sides if we are ever going to find the true culprit of this monsterous disease. It is too bad that the lure of money clouds the minds of some doctors, and even jeopordizes the finding of the root of RSD.

You go bro!!
love
Allen
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote