View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Jenelle,

Since you are almost a year into your RSD, your soon-to-be evidently understands what you are going through by now and is ready and willing to be there for you and to help you, then marriage is definatly in the cards. He's old enough also to understand that you do need the help with a child when you have one.

I was a Grandmother at 43, already sick from other things, and it was very hard for me just being a Grandmother. Bill was 10 years older then me and he had become disabled before me but was getting better to the point that he couldl help with the boys when they came along. I was sick from childhood so had it not been for him, even raising our daughter would have been a task for me alone. He was as involved with her life as I was. To this day, she is a Mama's and Daddy's girl. Never moved away from us but for 6 months after marriage and then came they moved back by us.

We were at the hospital the days the boys were born, they had their room at our house and I still to this day, keep them 2 nights a week. They are going on 15 and 16 now. I wouldn't have been able to take care of them though had it not been for Bill again. He kept them busy when I was sick which was about 10 years. After he passed away, boy did I have to bounce back. Now I do what he did with them. It's not always easy but I do it. They call and I'm there. I go to their games, singings, plays, you name it. It's like I got a second wind.

I guess what I'm trying to say, IF your boyfriend is very helpful to you and knows where you are at this juncture of your life and helps you then I would say go ahead with marriage.

A lot on here have little ones, they can tell you their view. I would say with having a baby, I would make sure that I am in a good place with the RSD. Make sure that you have good Drs. lined up, good Physical Therapist, and good councelling if you need it.

IF the boys had been mine and I had them all of the time when they were little, I know I would have had a time taking care of them. I can remember sitting in a rocking chair with both of them on my lap and being in so much pain, I was suicidal. As I said, I was dealing with other issues also healthwise. Bill was my lifeline though. Travis married Susan when the boys were 3 and 4 and he told me that they were their responiblity and that they would not put them off on us like Susan't ex did after Susan went to work. He stayed true to his word, we got them when we wanted them. Travis was a lifeline for me too and so was my PCP so it took a village in my case to help take care of the boys.

Kids are the greatest joy a person could ever have but you just have to make sure you are in you are in a good place with the RSD.

As far as pregnancy, some do go into remission but from what I understand from here on the board, some don't. I know they will come on here to talk to you.

This is just my perspective.

Good luck on your new life.

I do want to add Jenelle that God threw me these lifelines. I have no doubt on that.
Ada

Last edited by dreambeliever128; 05-17-2009 at 08:37 AM.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-17-2009), Jennelle (05-19-2009), loretta (05-18-2009)