Thread: Bizarre News
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've felt tremors before. The weird thing was, they were from earthquakes that were happening on the coasts (The east and west coasts of the U.S.) I live in Nebraska.

One was an earthquake that happened in either North or South Carolina in the late 1980s. I was at the local mall here in Omaha. Sitting on a seat. I felt a tremor in the square bench I was sitting on. My friends that were with me felt it also, and we were wondering what it was. When we got home, we found out that there had been an earthquake in one of the Carolina's.

The other one happened in 1989. The Loma Prieta earthquake in San Franscisco. I was working in a McDonald's here in Omaha, and was on break out in the lobby. We had these benches that were attached to the wall of the building, it went down that entire wall, and had plate glass windows behind it, and there was a line of tables that went the length of the wall.

I was sitting there, eating my Big Mac, and all of a sudden the bench was wobbling. There was just me, one customer and my boss sitting on that bench at the time. I remember feeling the shaking, and looking up at my boss and that customer, and we were all like "what is that, making the bench shake??". Our store had tv's on the wall, but I cant remember if the tv was on, or if it was the store radio, but we heard the announcement about the earthquake in San Francisco at about the same time as we felt the shaking of the bench. I was all excited that I'd felt it and could actually connect the time to an earthquake somewhere else.

Both times I felt the shaking like that, was weird. It was just enough shaking that I could feel it...the one in 1989 was a lot stronger than the first time I'd felt anything like that tho. But it wasnt anything more than the bench vibrating for several seconds.

We had an earthquake here in Nebraska in the mid-90s. It was along the Humboldt Fault and I think it was a 2.0 or close to a 3.0. I cant remember exactly what year it was tho. I did feel that one. It knocked over a stack of videotapes that I had on my tv stand. (tall stack of tapes. Think I had 10 to 15 tapes stacked on top of each other)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
azoyizes (05-17-2009), Dejibo (05-19-2009), SallyC (05-17-2009)