View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Its hard when someone you loves seems full of venom.

My mother had polio growing up, and we believe it affected her brain. She really doesnt have the ability to censor herself like most do. She will blurt out really rude things in the grocery store at complete strangers. She has hurled a canned ham at a man she swears was trying to hit on her. A constant in her life is that she feels most men are after her, or want her. Its really not true. When I was down taking care of her after a painful knee replacement, she said some of the most hateful things to date. She told me I was fat, and was horrible looking. That I was a horrible daughter, and spit venom asking why I bothered to come down. All I did was stick my hoytie toytie ways in her face. She had NO ONE else, as the rest of the family are exhausted by her. I stuck it out, and as she came off the pain meds, and her pain level decreased, and her mobility increased, she calmed back into a more normal level of nasty.

Have the MDs given you any hope of recovery? are they telling you this is as good as it gets? Was he like this before the incident? Are you safe? If he is violent then you will have no choice but to seek help. It is not worth your life, or the loss of an eye to deal with someone who cannot control themselves.

Please speak to his MD. Perhaps they can send in home health care folks to help you with some of his care. On the days they are there, GET OUT! go to a movie, go to get your nails done, go for a ride in the car, and listen to music. If his MD suggests that this is as good as it gets, perhaps there are medications that can help calm him.

Im so sorry that you are having to go through this. its so hard to deal with a loved one that is aggressive.

Are there care giver support groups in your area? Speak to your pastor, and ask them to help you find some.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote