View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Like Wiz, I have been having the same twitching issue in my lower left eyelid for over a month. I actually didn't know until this thread that these involuntary twitches were called fasciculations (thanks!) Mine have been roving and intermittent, eventually resolving, and the eye thing was new to me.

Anyway, I read up on it a little bit and saw that it often happens when you don't drink enough water, or that not being well hydrated enough can at least exacerbate fasciculations. Well, I realized I had been guilty as charged! I had been very good about drinking enough water for a long time (needed for other things to function better as well, including the brain). Anyway, I re-disciplined myself about 10 days ago and I have to tell you, although the fasciculations have not completely disappeared, they are MUCH better and less frequent!

Make sure you're drinking enough water -- it might help! I know for many people it's hard. I have a pitcher that I fill up at the beginning of the day and try to make sure it's empty by the time I retire for the night (that is, when I'm behaving! )
Bearygood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (05-18-2009)