Thread: Namenda for RSD
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Namenda questions

I anticipated those questions Mike before I made the post, but I felt it was important. As Pete spoke about in his reply, there are ways to get additional medication. My doctor only writes a prescription for the approved dosage. It is not costing me anything other than my co-pay for that approved dose. Since I feel my doctor is going out on a limb somewhat for me and other patients with very severe RSD, I am reluctant to say too much. Further, I would not want to cite an exact dosage amount because people should be advised, and followed by a doctor while taking this, or any, medication. There is much “talk” in the medical community (among those actively involved in treating and researching RSD) about this drug for RSD. My doctor is not the only one aware of using this drug in this manner. However, the only studies I am aware of in regard to the safety of this drug are studies by Forest Laboratories, the drug maker; and I am not aware of any studies of this drug at the higher-than-recommended dose I am taking. I was provided with the available drug studies. I made the decision, based on my current condition, that I would take the chance. Each RSD individual must make their own decision based on their circumstances. My RSD was so bad that I was very close to ending my life. I didn’t feel there was much “risk” involved for me. My reason for talking about this is simply to make anyone suffering from this terrible disease aware that there might be something else worth looking into. It has made a huge difference in my life, and the lives of my children. I will let all know if I suffer any significant side effects, so far I have not.
SHERRI4065 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ALASKA MIKE (05-27-2009), fmichael (05-17-2009), LinJane (05-24-2009), loretta (05-25-2009)