View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kathy,
Heheheee....I also loved my "hot"..really "hot" bubble baths...but now after listening to the forum....I just take warm..almost cool.. baths....I feel so much better after the baths now....I am grateful for any advice here!

I really like vapor rub smells...I bet the wood smells would be nice too!

Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Kat View Post
Hi all,

Stephanie, you asked about oils that are contraindicated in MG and Becky hit it on the head! Lavender has such a relaxing property that even though it is quite a mild and "safe" essential oil it can affect our MG. I find the stimulating oils (mandarin, sweet orange) and woody scents (patchouli and sandalwood) work best with me. Make sure your therapist is aware of your condition and you might consult a qualified aromatherapist first. Annie mentioned that massage might not be a good idea and I agree that in some massage can exacerbate symptoms. Deep tissue/swedish massages might NOT be a good place to start, if you are interested in massage think about hot stones, aromatherapy massage or just say you only want light touch.

I personally LOVE massages and force my wonderful husband to massage my feet daily (he is SOOOO wonderful). i find the massage helps soothe my sore bits and makes me feel more 'in-line' somehow. I also still love my hot bubble baths to help me relax (I know, I know - bad for MG, but i can't help it. Love them). If you do go for a massage make sure you consume loads of water after and have a quiet evening.

I've also tried acupuncture two years ago. The treatment did nothing to improve my symptoms and I actually think it might have made things a bit worse. MG is so different person to person that who knows how anyone is going to react to anything!

Be careful and stay healthy! Please remember, I'm not a doctor - just sharing my opinions and experiences!
All the best,
Kathy

cricket001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote