View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default palatal myoclonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsie View Post
Hi I am brand new to this site and I am so glad to have found somewhere to begin my search for support and God willing (hopefully) find someone else who has my conditions. I have Palatal Myoclonus (1 in 2 million people) and Spinal Myoclonus (1 in 3 million people). In very quick definition (it is a long definition so "in a nut shell") Palatal Myoclonus (I have had for 5 years- starts in the 30s- got when I was 31) results in constant ear popping as the eustation tube spasms across the palate of my mouth which results in anywhere from 5 pops per minute to 15 pops per minute to 35 pops per minute to even up to 72 pops per minute! March 2007 we thought it had spread into my neck etc, however Stanford diagnosed my second type of myoclonus - Spinal Myoclonus. This results constant and involuntary spasms of my arms, shoulders, neck, back, stomach etc. Anyhow, these myoclonus conditions have been very challenging and it was devasting to me. I am pulling through these conditions with my head held high (smiles- finally) and I am determined to just do the best I can with what I have been dealt. IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS SPINAL MYOCLONUS OR PALATAL MYOCLONUS PLEASE WRITE ME. I WOULD BE EXTREMELY GREATFUL TO FINALLY TALK WITH SOMEONE WITH THESE CONDITIONS. Thank you and best of luck to everyone. Topsie
Hi Topsie,
I am 35, with 2 young kids, and I have palatal myoclonus.
I understand your sadness. I have had for 15 years and it is getting worse....
I am going to start on antiseizure meds, but I heard there are Doctors in Turkey treating this with radiofrequency.
I would love to talk to you to see if you have had any relief since posting in 2008.
Take care
tambab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote