View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 05:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to NT

You do have a problem on your hands.

I haven't had any viral infections, but understand they're not easy to get over these days.

This is the link for general health conditions and rare disorders.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum2.html

There's lots of people lurking around. I sure hope somebody can share their experience and give you hope of recovery.

Here's the occipital neuralgia forum:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum105.html

You are doing the right thing by asking. You will have to do some leg work so you can help guide yourself through the medical jungle that's probably ahead of you. FInd a caring doctor who listens.

Maybe consult with a infectious disease doctor. The hospital should have provided you that consult.

I would start a diary of events and what's happening with your symptoms, doctor's appointments, tests, results, contacts, ins info. You may need to rely on the info.

Sometimes there's just no quick answer to a problem. I hope you get better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont-Rawson View Post
Hello, I am new to his site and am desperately trying to find someone to talk to who has experienced symptons such as mine. I haven't had a confiirmed diagnoses, but my gp believes I have suffered a viral infection (which hospitalised me 3 times) and as such has left me with a lot of pain symptoms in my head and neck. My head feels heavy constantly, neck feels achey and from the top of my neck, right up the back of my head and my whole scalp is constantly burning. My eyes have now started aching also. I have taken amitriptyline, Gabapentin and now Lyrica. Lyrica seems to help the most with the burning but the side effects are horrid. I feel like I don't have the energy to be involved in the easiest of tasks around the home and just want to be laid down most of the time. I am very down and would love to speak with someone who knows what I am going through. I really want someone to tell me that I am going to get better from this. I have been poorly now for 4 months. I am wondering whether I have occipital neuralgia? Is there anyone out there who can help me?

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote