View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket001 View Post
Erin,
I have never been a big drinker either. Just never liked the way it made me feel...like you, I have enjoyed a glass of wine or even a frozen drink occasionally with a friend...but honestly, I never drunk it all...it either melted or got lukewarm....then it was gross!

I guess that is why I am nervous about the medication...but it has helped me...I have heard of horror stories of people getting "hooked"...but if I continue to use it like the doctor ordered....I am hopeful that it will all be okay! I have not had to take the pain medication at all since my headache has left....but I might need it again after my next IVIG dose in a few weeks!

Oh, do any of you take ambien to sleep? I have heard that it can cause problems with MG patients...I have a prescription from my family doc and I have taken it every once in awhile if I need it....and my neuro never mentioned it when he was going through all of my meds. That is one nice sleeping pill....

I guess you could say...that I am cleaning my home medication cabinet...and seeing what I can and can't take anymore. I am just surprised how my medication schedule is getting more and more complex since I have been diagnosed with MG.

Stephanie
i have had to take potentially addicting meds for yrs increasing in strength and types for another illness. was worried in the beg. so i split percocet and after awhile it was determined i was not an addictive personality since i cut wayy back on the meds whenever i had operations or procedures. yes i worry sometimes but i've seen a pain spec for 20 yrs and there are veryy strict rules to follow. now i take as directed and follow rules and stay relativley pain free[sometimes] i've had all the things done that i can and so far there is nothing else to do for my pancreatitis[which i was born with-many people get it from too much alcohol] so like with the mg-i try to get it before it gets me!!
xmas 25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote