View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Questions about treatments for Chron's

I was dx with UC when i was 16 months old, had a full colectomy when i was almost 10 years old, and now they're thinking I was misdiagnosed and have had Chron's this whole time. I started having problems again about 7 years ago, when after my colectomy I had been fine up until then. I have 3 or fisculas which is why the dx is now chron's. I was on remicade for almost 3 years, was up to 10 mg per infusion every 4 weeks, I have been on humira for about 6 months now, and have just started taking the shots every week, 40 mg. I am going to see a surgeon in a couple weeks to talk about having the bad parts of my small intestine removed or just having an illiostomy (sp). I had the option of having this done when i was younger, but my parents opted for the pull through method so i'd have "a normal" life.

I am curious about what all is involved with this surgery, and recovery time, and how day to day life is living with the bag... how well is the bag hidden and how exactly does it "work"? (changing the bag and what not).

I am barely going to be 26 and am definately not looking forward to having this done... so much for the normal life...