View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi All -
I've had my granddaughter this weekend and we played a game, cooked breakfast together, laid around watching TV together..... had a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad we got me lined out enough to do all this before she moves to Minnesota in two weeks. Since the end of January every time she came to stay it was me on the recliner and she and her Papa doing stuff. She was very understanding, but I can tell it upset her that I was so bad (she's 9, going on 13).

Stephanie - I'm so glad the IVIG has worked for you after all! See, you can feel better with MG!!!

Kate - Sorry you're having troubles - that's one good thing about being OLD - I don't have the monthly drain anymore!

Alice - The slurred speech is a common problem with MG. I generally have to get real tired before that starts on me, but I know a guy that the eyes & slurred speech are his normal symptoms that start right away when he's having problems. I hope the neuro has a good answer for your honey on this! Where did you read about the Pred. interfering with the Mestinon? I've not heard that one before, and it's a very common treatment combination early on. I'd be interested in seeing the website if you can remember. Also, which urgent care did you go to? Were they familiar with MG? or just looking at his condition as a possible flu. I work close to your area, so it would be good to know if they are familiar with MG.

Brennan - I haven't had a lot of interaction with you, but I hope you're doing real well!

Hope all are either doing well, or get better soon! I'm in heaven to have such a quick turn around on myself. I have needed to take Mestinon in the afternoon is all, and still take naps, but WOW - am I better!