View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is no question chronic pain changes our life and the way we use to do things. My kids were a huge part of my life when they were young. They are 21 and 24 now. They are still a big part of my life. I have full body RSD with organs involved. My youngest was a freshman in high school when I was diagnosed. Knowing today how bad my pain can get and how difficult simple everyday task could be. I would have had my kids if I had RSD when I was young. If I were younger and just starting a family I would look at all my options. I would talk it over with my spouse so that he understands the help that may or may not be needed. You may even have family or friends that are part of your support group now they could help you if need be. I would get a referral to a high risk OB doc. he/she can tell YOU what meds can and can't be taken. HAVING KIDS AND EXPERIENCING ALL THE JOY THEY BRING TO YOUR LIFE IS WORTH IT!!!!! You owe it to yourself to check all your options. No one but you really knows how well you tolerate your RSD. Children change your world and put tough demands on you physically and emotionally again I say THEY ARE WORTH ALL THAT YOU GIVE OF YOURSELF!!!!! Don't allow RSD to rob you of something you want so badly, check all your options.
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-17-2009), Jennelle (05-19-2009)