View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have had 7 blocks. They make me feel better. They have never made me feel worse.

I go to a small, highly regarded hospital in Boston that is a teaching facility associated with Tufts. My doc, Joseph Reyes, trained with Daniel Carr, who retired to work in RSD research full time. I trust him and his team very much or I wouldn't go through the trouble of commuting from RI to Boston to see them. I found Reyes through a co-coworker, whose son is unfortunately extremely sick with RSD (6 yrs now) and has been to Germany for the ketamine coma (he's a former patient of Reyes and a current patient of Schwartzman in Philly). I consider myself incredibly lucky to have found such good medical care, especially since my RSD spread full body in less than 6 months. I know that the level of care I am getting is likely only available at the better teaching hospitals and larger medical facilities. There is a HUGE difference between the docs I see in RI and the ones I see in Boston, I just wish I had gotten to Boston earlier than I did.

Before I started getting blocks my RSD felt like it was spiraling out of control. I was a mess. I got my first block last Christmas Eve. I had my 7th a week ago today.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote