View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelrsd View Post
gymjunkie

i understand what you are saying. but having done this first hand. with full body rsd. i think that you are way off about the birth defects and all. and how "if" she made this decision that her child would suffer. and i need to say something to that fact. i had rsd before i had children and not one day have my children suffered because of my rsd. yes there may be times that i have to go lay in bed for an 1-2. but i still cook dinner , help with homework, get them ready for school , baths etc. it is possible to have the family that you want and be sick also.

and about pregnancy and meds. there are some meds that you can take while you are pregnant. it depends on the dr's that you have and the meds. i went off the meds except the remaron that i was on for sleep.
i had to have surgery while i was pregnant with my youngest. and was able to have pain meds. mepragan is mainly what you can take.

i think that jennell needs to talk to her spouse and see that they are both willing to make sacarifices because sick or not that is what raising children is about period. there is no being selfish with child.

i think that you had great points gymjunkie but i think that somethings you said IMO are not correct.

carrie
Hi Carrie

I'd just ask that you read what I said carefully - I didn't say that taking meds during pregnancy causes defects - I just said that there was a risk with "most" of the drugs that are "commonly" used to treat CRPS and you have to weigh up whatever that risk is. The risks might be really low and they might not - it depends on the specific drugs and the circumstances of each woman. Some people won't regard any risk at all as worth taking and some people will feel that it is a low risk which is worth taking.

I absolutely didn't say that if a woman takes medication during preganacy that her child would suffer - again all I said was that there was a risk which each woman has to weigh up. I also didn't say that a child would suffer because its mother has CRPS. I said that each woman has to weigh up the lifestyle and quality of life that she has along with the amount of pain and disability she has and decide for hersef whether she feels it is right for her to have children. For some women it will simply not be something that they feel they can manage on top of dealing with their CRPS or they may not feel that they can give a child the lifestyle that they would wish to give that child. Others will feel very differently.

I am happy for you to disagree with me but I just wanted to be completely clear about what I was actually saying.
Gymjunkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
angelrsd (05-18-2009), Dew58 (05-18-2009)