View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see my old friends are still here.

@ Vicky,

I'll check out those books. They sound pretty interesting. I too have excellent finger dexterity. The years of harpischord and piano playing have paid off. I can still trill very quickly and lightly on my good day, which makes me very happy. My Mozart is still light an my runs are still like strings of pearls.

I'm glad you're fighting cityhall on the cool packs. The heat is miserable for me too. I noticed that I sweat more than I did before almost like it's exaggerated because the liquid pours off of me like water.

Your ex-brother-in-law sounds like a pip in a half! Why do people do this?

@Vertigo,

The winter was miserable here too up in New England. We got so much snow I couldn't get out of my driveway because I live at the bottom of a very steap hill. I think we got close to 60 cm on just about every storm. When we got only a few centimeters, we then got rain on top if it so it froze solid the next day. The old fairy tale of the "Princess of a Glass Hill" is true. There was no way I could drive up the steap slope. My car would actually slide back down to the bottom of my driveway.

I'm glad you are outside now in the wonderful spring. This is my favorite time of year because usually the weather is decent most of the time. I'm pretty active in the spring as well, and even started some bike riding again. I went for my first ride two weeks ago. I think I went too far for the first ride because I was totally exhausted the next two day! I should learn to take it easy on the first ride, but the day was perfect with no wind and little traffic.

I too have been to some concerts. They are about an hour from me in a church located in Central Mass. The concerts are on antique pianos from the Frederick Collection. www.frederickcollection.org Someday if you every come to the USA, I will bring you there. You would really love the collection. The youngest piano is over 100 years old, and the oldest is 235 years old. All of these pianos are playable. This coming Sunday (May 24) is a concert of Mendelssohn, Beethoven, and Schubert on an 1830 Bösendorfer.

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you have found someone to be part of your heart. You are very lucky because most people show sympathy, but they don't want to get involved.

The tremors are weird. I don't get them very often, but when I do they're as I said on the right side of my lip and jaw. I've had them in my right foot and my leg as well. When they start, I too can't seem to stop them. It's like the body is on a vibrating table and doesn't want to stop.

I've had days and weeks like yours where no matter what I touch "blows up" in my face. It's like all electronc things get an attitude and die on my when I go near them, or get me aggrevated by not working then work when I just about give up on them. My car too is acting up. I've had the oil changed, but my oil light keeps coming on. I've checked the seal on the oil plug and the engine cap. I have over 150K miles, so maybe this is the end of the car's life, which comes at a bad time for me financially. Isn't this always the case.

@Hi Sue,

I'm glad to hear from you too. I've never tried the mucuna. I've been afraid to vear too far away from the "magic" combination of what works for me. Overall my medication schedule is very successful, and when I am on I do pretty good overall. I've been at this journey for about 4 or 5 years now officially. I had symptoms for quite a few years before, but neve put two and two together.

John

Last edited by jcitron; 05-18-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: A stupid typo.
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (05-19-2009)