View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras1256 View Post
Where did you read about the Pred. interfering with the Mestinon? I've not heard that one before, and it's a very common treatment combination early on. I'd be interested in seeing the website if you can remember. Also, which urgent care did you go to? Were they familiar with MG? or just looking at his condition as a possible flu. I work close to your area, so it would be good to know if they are familiar with MG.
We use the Boulder Medical Center urgent care in Boulder. They were knowledgeable enough about it that they were checking on him pretty regularly in the lobby to make sure he wasn't taking a downward turn, and the doctor seemed to at least know what it was and to be what I considered adequately concerned. She also inquired about how he was doing mentally and emotionally with the recent diagnosis. Since our GP group is also BMC, the medical records from urgent care visits go straight into his medical record, no need to have them sent over. Unfortunately, the BMC urgent care is not a 24-hour facility, but we've always gotten more than competent care there, for everything from pneumonia to a sliced-open finger. There's a 24-hour urgent care not far from our house, that shall remain unnamed because I have nothing nice to say about them - it should give you an idea how much more I trust BMC given that it's almost a 45-minute drive there.

Whatever doctor's reference the doc was using to look up drug interactions and side effects before she wrote his scrips said that prednisone can cause the mestinon to not work as properly. They've got it hooked up so they can look up things on a PDA rather than dragging books around, so I didn't see the title of whatever they were using as a reference.

I'm really hoping that the marble mouth is due to the medications and not due to the MG - somehow I don't think that marble mouth would be considered an ocular symptom. We're still crossing our fingers that he's just got ocular MG.
AliceH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote