View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am now experiencing what you have once allready been through. I have hit my head lightly but repeateatly and am now 1 year with PCS.

I have also experienced the small knocks talked about here that sends you back into having symptoms. Scary when you think it might be small but new concussions.

I hit my head several times while snowboarding and right now I dont know if I ever will dare to get back on it.

What I want to say is this...(but first I think its great to hear that you got well after 1.5 year! Most people tell you that the most recovery you will do is in the 6 first months. This seems not always to be true. )

I know someone that had 1.5 years of hell and recovered well. He than around 6 months later hit his head bad in a skiing crash. He had concussionsymptoms for 2 weeks then he was fine!! No "relapse" of PCS!

I could not really believe him at first. I thought that the new concussion would send him even further in to the PCS-land.

BUT, he was lucky! Normally the brain gets more sensitive and you get worse consequences.

You have to find a balance. For me it has been focusing on more mental things instead of physical onces (hard when your a sporty guy). I still cannot keep off my skateboard however. Its a risk, but its one thing that makes me feel good and relaxed. I try to make it as safe as possible.

Relax and have the mindset that this new concussion doesnt to 100% guarantee you will get the PCS back!

My personal view after my own experiences is this: It is the worst to have two repeated hits in a short timespan and up to around 6 months between. Longer apart than that time it seems that the consequences of another one is not as bad (still BAD). Understand what I say in the right way! Not as you are ok to have another one just because its been more than 6 months.

There is no evidence of this beeing true other than my own experiences and the people I have been in contact with. Someone will hazzle me for writing this, but hopefully it gives you a positive feel. Think about my friend who took the last hit without getting back the PCS!!

Best regards and sorry for the somewhat unorganized writing.

Emil
rydellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote