View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 12:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart hey there...

I started Opana ER about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I did not get sick, nor did it give me a "high"

What I have received from Opana ER, recognized by me, my family and sis in AZ, is a glimpse of the former Dew(Linda), before RSD. The woman that smiled all the time, and laughed. The woman that enjoyed being around others. The woman that could be free of the constant, chronic pain from the RSD. The woman that wanted to travel, and did, to visit my sis in AZ concerning her pancreatic cancer ordeal. I felt useful, and I want to feel needed, as it assists me in finding significance in this crazy world. I was helping someone instead of someone helping me. It is a miracle in my life in reference to the last 26 months of hell that I have endured, since RSD entered my life.

Granted, I have had a couple of nights that were my usual insomnia episodes, before Opana ER; however, my PM doc told me that Opana ER would help me sleep better, and will lower my pain,substantially.The PM doc's exact words,"All will be well in your world, as this drug will assist you with the pain and sleep issues." I will be increased in doseage from 10 mg twice per day,to 30 mg,twice per day on 5/26/09. The first night on Opana ER, I slept 8 hrs in a row! Since then, my sleep has cut back between 5-6 hrs in a row.

Let's face it, no sleep makes anyone a mess: emotionally, psychologically, and physically.

I hope your wife gets to try Opana ER as soon as possible. Please remember, each of us are individuals and don't follow the same path. I am hoping your wife responds well to this pain medicine.

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (05-19-2009)