View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

The chemo she took earlier wasn't as strong, but the latter was much stronger. Her hair has always been a staple and sometimes I think we just want to hold on a little longer to even the smallest of things no matter how vain it may seem. I think it was good to see she is human and had some vanity. Let's face it, she is thought of as one of the most beautiful women in the world.

I remember when Jim received his first chemo treatment. He had his hair, 14 inches cut off for Locks of Love. He loved his hair and was very proud. He refused to watch it fall out. My uncle, in his last months hated watching his hair (which was his "staple") fall out every time he took a shower. He too had it shaved off because it broke his heart. He would tell me on the phone how it hurt him to lose that. He was dying, he knew that. But he didn't want to let go of that one thing. I totally understood why.

So, I think it's personal for each person. I didn't get put off at all by her thinking about her hair. I think she knew it was vain but didn't care and I like that.

Her treatments in Germany cost $500. Here in the US, $5000+. Saw that on the news today. She went to Germany because they are not hounded by the FDA and she could get treatments not available here like stem cell therapy. I know if I had the money I'd be in Germany or wherever to get treatments if it gave me a chance at survival.
braingonebad (05-18-2009), Kitt (05-18-2009)