View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan068 View Post
I developed MG in the fall of '07 - symptoms were light and only showed up when I was very tired... they went away after sleep so were attributed to just being tired. By the spring of '08 I had full blown ptsosis on left side, marble mouth and couldn't swallow much of anything. I was diagnosed in April of '08, had my thymectomy in May of '08 and spent until last week recovering from the thymectomy, radiation therapy for the thymoma, pneumonias from the radiation burns and excessive weight loss.

The ptsosis went away immediately with the thymectomy. It was gone before I was out of hospital. The marble mouth was next to go at around 6-7 months or so and the swallowing is gradually getting better over time. I constantly try things that were "impossible" a few months ago to find that they work fine now. Spicy foods still jam up the swallower though... that'll come with time

Last week I started a graduated return to work; half days for a month. I'll be moving up to 6 hour days in 3 weeks and do that for a month and then to full 8 hour days. The 4 hour days are great . Go in for 8, go to the gym at 12 and then home to sit on my deck in the sun with a cool beer.

Brian
Wow, you've come a long way...good for you! You have a great attitude which goes a long way in the recovery process. Being active is something I've slacked on, but I'm starting to walk around the nieghborhood which is a good start. Going back to work may tire you for awhile, so get lots of rest. I have the feeling you're going to be eating that Tia food in the very near future!

Take care,
Pat
Pat 110 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote