Thread: Eye problem
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 03:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myla57 View Post
My neurologist and myself have known for over 10 years that I have some "unknown" or "Un-diagnosed" neurological condition. His first choice was MS, but after numerous MRI's that has been ruled out. I have been dx'd with fibromyalgia from my Rheumotologist, but he says my neuro. problems are my biggest problem. I have fatigue, leg, arm weakness, cognitive skills declined, pain, which all these can be the fibro, but as of six weeks ago I developed a new symptom. My right eye droops. It feels like it's closing. At first I thought it was a twitch, but it progressed. Also, at first you couldn't see a twitch or my eye lid close, but now you can. This happens as much as fifteen times a day. It happens when I first get out of bed in the morning. I noticed this because I thought maybe my eyes were tired or over worked. I wear glasses and have yearly exams. The last one was unremarkable. In the past couple weeks I have become short of breath and wheeze. My dr. gave me antibiotics and an inhaler two weeks ago, but I can't tell that they helped. I am so fatigued that I can barely cope. I've been this way before and contributed it to a fibro. flare. Several years ago my neuro. did a blood test for MG and it was negative. My question is, could this eye lid thing be MG? Has anyone else experienced this?
Hi Myla,

Yes, it most certainly could be. I would call the neuro right away, if you haven't done so already. He may want to do additional testing and may want you to see an opthamologist or better yet, a neuro opthamologist. If he dosen't, ask him to refer you to one. I see one for just the syptoms you describe. Please check back and let us know how you are doing.

Pat
Pat 110 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote