Thread: Eye problem
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Myla57!

Hello and welcome to Neurotalk! You are going to LOVE it HERE!

Your symptoms do sound like MG - a lot like it. It took a long time b/4 I was finally dx'ed...hopefully you will get the answers you need soon in order to feel better!

With something as serious as MG getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion is a good idea!

If you ever feel like you can't breathe, call 911 IMMEDIATELY - or have a "code" call set up with family members - push on the buttons so they know you need help - better safe than sorry I always say!

Can't wait to hear more from you!

Hang in there!
ERin

Quote:
Originally Posted by myla57 View Post
My neurologist and myself have known for over 10 years that I have some "unknown" or "Un-diagnosed" neurological condition. His first choice was MS, but after numerous MRI's that has been ruled out. I have been dx'd with fibromyalgia from my Rheumotologist, but he says my neuro. problems are my biggest problem. I have fatigue, leg, arm weakness, cognitive skills declined, pain, which all these can be the fibro, but as of six weeks ago I developed a new symptom. My right eye droops. It feels like it's closing. At first I thought it was a twitch, but it progressed. Also, at first you couldn't see a twitch or my eye lid close, but now you can. This happens as much as fifteen times a day. It happens when I first get out of bed in the morning. I noticed this because I thought maybe my eyes were tired or over worked. I wear glasses and have yearly exams. The last one was unremarkable. In the past couple weeks I have become short of breath and wheeze. My dr. gave me antibiotics and an inhaler two weeks ago, but I can't tell that they helped. I am so fatigued that I can barely cope. I've been this way before and contributed it to a fibro. flare. Several years ago my neuro. did a blood test for MG and it was negative. My question is, could this eye lid thing be MG? Has anyone else experienced this?