View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

To Mark

I intended just to give hope to the guy that he might not have to deal with PCS after this hit. He have to understand himself from having PCS for 1.5 year that he cant hit his head again. That is worth saying!

I definetly agree with you that the neurologists does not understand how the brain is affected from concussions and therefor shouldnt give out information they cant prove. But at the samt time there is still no proof that a small bump or as you say "shaking your head" can do any harm to your brain.

I HAVE however experienced the "concussed" feel after a small hit myself, and even more intense headaches lasting a week! Something happened during the slight knock that make you have more symtoms.

BUT, we cant be sure that it damages the brain. One thing to strengten that standpoint is that the small force from a light bump is not enough to make the brain hit the cranium. But maybe the brain can get damaged without this happening.

OR, what if the "suspension/intercranial fluids etc" is damaged which makes it easier for the brain to hit the cranium?

I DONT dismiss your experiences Mark! I just want to start a discussion.

Emil from Sweden
rydellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote