View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

um, WOW! you poor kitten. you have been through so much.

Had the MDs not done a simple blood test to check your sugar before? Did you make it to an OB/GYN? Rectal bleeding during your period "may" be triggered by endometrial tissue that has invaded the rectal wall, and reacts the same as the endo tissue INside the uterus when triggered by hormones to shed, but you need to have that confirmed. They can do a colonoscopy to check that, OR they can do a "keyhole" surgery. They make three very small incisions, and poke a camera into your belly. They can peek at your ovaries, uterus, and bowels to see if you have scar tissue or uterine tissue out of place. its an easy surgery to recover from, and would help give a better view of what is happening on the other side of those organs. You can have the scar or excess endo tissue removed at the same time, and that may free up trapped organs, or trapped bowel tissue.

I am glad they finally figured out your blood sugar was high, but have they provided you with any answers as to why it went that high? I hope you keep asking questions. You should be under the care of an endrocrinologist now with the diabetes, and they happen to specialize in hormones as well. Fire away, ask some big questions.

I hope you feel better soon.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote