View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

As I said earlier, I've never been a fan of hers, but I do respect what she offered. This happens to be the business she was in and she is one individual who happens to have access to the media/entertainment platform. I say, "good for her!" for using it to raise any possible awareness.

I had never known that this kind of critter is even out there. Her lifetime was spent in entertainment— it's what she knows. She used her access and fame to send an important message to millions of people. How she did it is immaterial, that she did it is important. She could have done nothing at all.

Having had to stop working, I empathize with the feeling of missing my presence in the professional mix. I miss the uber-intelligent people, the activity, the sense of contribution, and of course, the money.

Our society's ravenous appetite for "inside poop" on celebrities feeds the machine she was operating. In the grander scheme, it's important to remember that she is only a mortal woman and she did what she could to raise awareness about a hideous disease.

For an individual whose livelihood, self-esteem, professional success, and popularity rested primarily on her looks, it had to be a rather humbling experience to bare her horrid journey to the world.

As we say in PR, there is really no "bad" publicity.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (05-19-2009), Darlene (05-22-2009), Friend2U (05-19-2009), Kitt (05-19-2009), mrsD (05-19-2009), SandyC (05-19-2009), soxmom (05-19-2009)