View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Versed! wooo! I love that ride.

I had a SCS implanted after an L3 L4 fx of my back. back pain, leg pain and an increasing morphine prescription led me to allow them to implant it. My legs buzzed, my back ached, and the rep kept trying to help me adjust it. It wasnt fun, and it was stressful. I was in worse shape with the stimulator than I would have been to just take the morphine. After a few months of trial and error and incredible frustration I begged to have it simply removed. My quality of life took a dive, and I spend more time in MD offices, hosptials, and clinics than I did on my own couch. it just wasnt worth it. Some said "hang in there, give it a chance." or "you just need it adjusted correctly" or "let us do more surgery to replant the leads YOU must have pulled them out of place" I was fed up, and gave up.

they told me the lower Lubar region is the hardest to provide blocked pain relief for, as its at the end of the spinal column and very little room to wiggle in.

I went on a run of learning massage techniques, meditation stuff, relaxation stuff, and I am still on a maintenance dose of MS contin. Life is MUCH better, and its because I took the wheel and turned my life in a new direction. AWAY from the advice of so many others. It works for me, and thats I could ask for.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote